THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL AND REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!!!
When: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6pm to 9pm
Where: Tatamagouche Centre – 259 Loop of Route 6, Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
Cost: $60.00 (includes tax)
Enjoy an evening of cooking – and eating! Group lessons are designed for you to have a fun evening listening to Indian music and learning Indian culture while you cook a meal with other participants.
“As with all my lessons and demonstrations, I focus on health and nutrition and share my culture and language, as we experience the beauty and tastes of Indian food.” Nidhi Anand
We will prepare the following menu for the evening:
- Appetizer: Masoor Dal Tikki – brown lentil patties deep fried
- Main dish: Malai Kofta in Yellow Curry – homemade paneer and potato dumpling served in delicate yellow sauce
- Rice: Jeera Matar Rice – rice flavored with whole spices, onion, and peas
- Bread: Cheese Pratha – flatbread stuffed with mozzarella cheese and onion
- Beverage: Mango Lassi – yoghurt and fresh mango
You will go home with a full belly and a recipe card, as well as a starter set of spices.
Limited class size – this event is sold out.
About the cook, Nidhi Anand:
I grew up in the northern part of India and came to live in Canada in 2002. Many Canadians love Indian food and have a willingness to experiment. This openness inspired me to start my business.
In my classes, along with learning different regional cooking traditions, people will also experience a different culture and language. I cannot wait to share delicious and healthy food, which can be fit easily into our busy lives.
Learn more about Meri Rasoi My Indian Cooking Classes here.