Tatamagouche Centre – Strategic Support Worker – June 14 to August 6, 2021
All youth (not just students) aged 15 to 30 can apply for this Canada Summer Jobs 8 week opportunity.
- Administrative support for strategic visioning and planning, including support to online gatherings.
- Any support required for Peace and Friendship work.
- Some gardening and light yard work (if interested and able).
Skills and qualities desired:
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A self-starter able to work without a lot of supervision
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Computer knowledge (databases, designing posters)
- Experience in using social media for organizational communication
- Able to work from home and at Tatamagouche Centre (if allowed)
How to apply:
Please submit a letter no longer than one page indicating why you are interested in this position, a résumé of your education and work experience, and the names of two references (that includes emails and phone numbers). Please do not contact the Centre by phone, rather send by email to email@example.com or mail to Tatamagouche Centre, 259 Loop Route 6, Tatamagouche, NS B0K 1V0.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, June 4, 2021 at noon AST. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tatamagouche Centre is adhering to all Covid-19 regulations. Learn more here.
The Tatamagouche Centre has a policy of employment equity policy to acknowledge that marginalized people face systemic barriers due to race, gender identity, religion, ability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to equity and intersectional inclusion in our hiring, so we encourage candidates from systemically marginalized groups, populations, and identities. This includes a commitment to accommodate diverse abilities.
Interested in becoming involved with Tatamagouche Centre?
Send us your curriculum vitae if you are interested in leading a program, future work, or volunteering. We are always looking to widen and diversify our network.
Tatamagouche Centre acknowledges and appreciates the support of the federal government through the Canada Summer Jobs program.